Here’s the fifth Aperiodcast, covering what’s happened on the site basically since the start of Summer. Peter is busy doing work, so it was just Katie and me blathering on about a variety of things.
The posts discussed in this episode were:
- Telegraph’s open letter to Michael Gove and Vince Cable on numeracy (presented with arithmetic errors), by Peter
- More and Less, by Paul Taylor
- Interesting Esoterica Summation volume 4, by Christian
- Turing Round Up
- Open Access Round Up
- MathsJam Annual Conference 2012 booking now open
- An answer to what Shouryya Ray’s ‘unsolved Newton problem’ was
- π vs τ: FOTSN/Tau Day special by Steve Mould and Matt Parker
- Carnival of Mathematics 88
- Dance Your PhD: Cutting Sequences on the Double Pentagon by Katie
You have three days to submit posts for the next Carnival of Maths, hosted here by Katie.