The London Mathematical Society has opened nominations for its 2013 prizes, to “recognise and celebrate achievements in and contributions to mathematics”. In 2013 the Society expects to award:
- the De Morgan Medal — “the Society’s premier award for contributions to mathematics”;
- the Senior Whitehead Prize — for “work in, influence on or service to mathematics, or in recognition of lecturing gifts in the field of mathematics”;
- the Naylor Prize and Lectureship — for “work in, influence on and contributions to applied mathematics and/or the applications of mathematics and lecturing gifts”;
- the Berwick Prize — “in recognition of an outstanding piece of mathematical research actually published by the Society during the eight years ending on 31 December 2012”;
- and, up to four Whitehead Prizes — for “work in and influence on mathematics”.
More information about the prizes and how to make appropriate nominations is available at the LMS website. The closing date for nominations is Friday 18 January 2013.