It’s a repeat booking for the Festival of the Spoken Nerd in number 4 (or 16 if you belong to Team All Squared) of our podcast. Standup mathematician Matt Parker joined us to talk about interesting coincidences.
Here are some links to the things we referred to in the podcast, along with some bonus extras:
- The operator precedence problem that makes Katie want to cry
- Colin Wright has blogged about it
- Chocolate maths!
- Robert Munafo’s Notable properties of specific numbers
- The Online Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences
- A135650 – Even perfect numbers written in base 2
- A002904 – Delete all letters except c,d,i,l,m,v,x from n then read as Roman numeral if possible, otherwise 0
- A000012 – The simplest sequence of positive numbers: the all 1’s sequence.
- The episode of Relatively Prime about interesting number facts, including the OEIS.
Matt Parker plugged a couple of things:
Next time, which should be soon, we’ll be talking to a Fantastic Mystery Guest about our favourite maths books.