Evelyn Lamb is a professional mathematician who has taken up journalism on the side. She received the AAAS Mass Media Fellowship last year, and spent the summer writing for the magazine Scientific American. We talked to her about maths journalism, the challenges involved in making advances accessible to a wider audience, and the differences between blogging and print journalism.
Here are some links to go with the things we talked about:
- AAAS Mass Media Fellowship
- Evelyn Lamb.
- Evelyn on Twitter.
- Roots of Unity, Evelyn’s blog at Scientific American.
- The AMS Blog on Maths Blogs, edited by Evelyn Lamb and Brie Finegold.
- Solved? 80-year-old puzzle of the infinite sphere, New Scientist‘s coverage of last year’s invariant subspace ‘proof’.
- Adam Goucher’s blog, Complex Projective 4-Space.
- Evelyn’s Carnival of Maths post.