It’s that time of year when we take a look at the UK Government’s Queen’s Birthday Honours list for any particularly mathematical entries. Here our the selection for this year – any more, let us know in the comments and we’ll add to the list.
- Professor Sir John Aston, Harding Professor of Statistics in Public Life, University of Cambridge. Knighted for services to Statistics and Public Policymaking.
- Professor Matt Keeling, Mathematics Institute and the School of Life Sciences, University of Warwick. Appointed OBE for services to SAGE during the Covid-19 Response.
- Ellen Brooks Pollock, Senior Lecturer in Veterinary Public Health, Bristol Veterinary School. Appointed OBE for services to the Scientific Pandemic Influenza Group on Modelling and SAGE during the Covid-19 Response.
- Myer Glickman, Head of Epidemiology, Climate and Global Health, Office for National Statistics. Appointed OBE for services to Health Analysis.
- Sarah Caul, Head of Mortality Analysis, Office for National Statistics. Appointed MBE for services to Health Statistics.
Get the full list here.