Here’s a small collection of links to articles about Alexandre Grothendieck, French/German mathematician and algebraic geometer, who died on Wednesday 13 November aged 86. He was a pioneer in the field, and has been described as ‘the greatest mathematician of the 20th century’.
- His obituary in The Telegraph
- The AMS announcement
- A New York Times obituary
- An obituary at Liberation and another obituary at Le Monde (both in French)
- A 2010 blog post about Grothendieck by Jordan Ellenberg
- The Grothendieck Circle, which aims to collate and translate material written by and about Grothendieck
- The Generalist – by economist Steven Landsburg