Simon Singh, author of Fermat’s Last Theorem and The Code Book, among others, has for the last three years been running a project called Top-Top Set. It’s an enrichment project to stretch kids at non-selective state schools in the UK.
Now, Simon is looking for an experienced maths teacher to help him grow the project even further.
Responsibilities for the Top-Top Set Project Co-ordinator include:
- Developing the top-top set project to maximise its impact and cost-effectiveness.
- Supporting and visiting the schools currently
- Helping schools implement the top-top set model to full effect.
- Recruiting more schools to start in September 2020.
- Working with potential and existing funders.
- Teaching top-top sets or potential top-top set students.
- Developing resources for and managing the online Parallel Project.
If that sounds like something you’d like to do, find more information about how to apply at the Good Thinking Society website.
If that doesn’t sound like something you’d like to do, or just while you’re waiting to hear if you’ve got the job, check out Parallel, a set of free weekly maths challenges developed to support Top-Top Set, but available to everyone.