It’s that time of year when we take a look at the UK Government’s New Years Honours list for any particularly mathematical entries. Here is the selection for this year – if you spot any more, let us know in the comments and we’ll add to the list.
- Paul Glaister, Professor of Mathematics and Mathematics Education, University of Reading. Appointed CBE for services to education.
- Dan Abramson, headteacher of King’s College London Maths School. Appointed OBE for services to education.
- Kanti V. Mardia, Senior Research Professor, Leeds University. Appointed OBE for services to Statistical Science.
- Jeffrey Quaye, National Director of Education and Standards at Aspirations Academies Trust, PhD in Mathematics Education and Chartered Mathematics Teacher. Appointed OBE for services to education.
- Charlotte Francis, maths teacher and entrepreneur. Appointed Medallist of the Order of the British Empire for services to education.
Get the full list from gov.uk.
Updated 2/1 to add Dr. Jeffrey Quaye, HT The Mathematical Association on Twitter.