Not that we’re overly consumed with numerical coincidences, but it’s perhaps nice to note that ten years ago today we made a little fuss of launching a new blog site with our first post, a post marking Felix Klein’s 163rd birthday, and a video about the Klein Bottle featuring Matt Parker and Katie Steckles.
We held a little celebration today with some of the many people who’ve contributed to the site over the years including by writing a guest post, hosting a Carnival of Mathematics, taking part in a Big Math Off or appearing as a podcast guest. If you’d like to join their ranks as a contributor to the site, a great way to get started is to fill in the Send something in form telling us something you’d like to write about.
Here are some of our most-viewed posts over the years:
- How to solve a Rubik’s Cube in one easy step By Paul Taylor. Posted March 23, 2014. 313,018 views.
- An Alan Turing expert answers your The Imitation Game questions. By James Grime. Posted November 18, 2014. 79,238 views.
- A Mathematician’s Guide to Wordle. By Ali Lloyd. Posted February 1, 2022. 49,445 views.
- Apiological: mathematical speculations about bees (Part 1: Honeycomb geometry). Part of a series by Alistair Bird. Posted January 28, 2015. 26,377 views.
- Mathematical Christmas Cracker Jokes. By Katie Steckles. Posted December 22, 2012. 23,748 views.
2 Responses to “The Aperiodical is 10!”